Senior Financial Analyst
Public Media Company has an opening for a Senior Financial Analyst to work with public media organizations seeking to explore new opportunities for growth and expansion.
The Senior Financial Analyst plays a key role in charting the course for public media expansion, helping identify and analyze areas for growth and expansion for local media services.
• Analyze and interpret financial statements and other financial data
• Develop detailed business models for mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and other innovative projects
• Model various financing structures including conventional loans and tax-exempt bonds
• Write business model narratives and prepare presentations as needed
• Complete market analyses and broadcast asset valuations
• Lead calls with clients to review business models
• Collect data and model for Public Media Company-led initiatives
• Analyze, interpret, and visualize data from multiple data sources such as BIA/Kelsey Media Access Pro, Probe 5, and Corporation for Public Broadcasting using Excel and Tableau
• Make presentations to clients and represent Public Media Company at conferences as needed
• Interact with outside consultants and research firms
• Monitor industry-wide statistics, including broadcast and new media
• Support Public Media Company team by providing data, research materials, visuals, and analyses as needed
• Conduct client site visits, attend industry conferences and in-person staff meetings 2-3 times a year
Technical Requirements: Strong skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Preferred Work Experience: The ideal candidate has a minimum of three years of work experience in accounting, financing or other related fields focusing on analyzing financial statements and/or developing financial projections for internal or external clients. Experience in media and a demonstrated history of working with non-profits is a plus.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Accounting
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong research skills
• Team player
• Ability to multi-task and work independently
• Attention to detail
Job Type: Full-time Pay: $65,000-$68,000 per year
Location: Works Remotely. Preferably located in Colorado, Wyoming or Illinois
More about Public Media Company
Public Media Company is a distributed company with our headquarters in Boulder, Colorado. At Public Media Company we value a diverse and inclusive culture. We are committed to diversity in all areas of our work and encourage applications from all qualified individuals with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups.
READ THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION HERE…